Barriers blocking off Edinburgh Castle to be removed
Tall black screens had been erected at the edge of Princes Street Gardens.
The leader of Edinburgh City Council has ordered the removal of controversial barriers blocking the view of Edinburgh Castle.
Adam McVey said he has told staff to take the black screens around Princes Street Gardens down as soon as possible.
The barriers were put up to stop people watching musical acts performing in the Gardens from the street.
Mr McVey tweeted: "This is public space and these are public views. Ticketed events cannot put up barriers which are to the detriment of the city."
Mr McVey said he had asked for a guarantee they will not be erected for any future events in the city centre park.
The gardens are playing host to the Summer Sessions concerts between August 6 and 19, including performances by Sir Tom Jones, Paloma Faith, Kasabian, Bastille and Brian Wilson.
The screens sparked anger among some residents and politicians in the city, with concerns locals and tourists were being disadvantaged by commercial events.
Green MSP Andy Wightman welcomed Mr McVey's announcement, having previously highlighted that the gardens are common land.