Funniest jokes of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival revealed
Comic Masai Graham came out top for the festival's most coveted prize.
The Edinburgh Fringe Festival is on the home straight but the faint sound of laughter hasn't quite faded away.
The top jokes of this year's comedic gathering have been revealed, with comedian Masai Graham taking home gold for his award-winning one-liner: "My dad suggested I register for a donor card - he's a man after my own heart."
His gag was voted the best in this year's Edinburgh Fringe Festival in TV channel Dave's ninth annual award. He won over 25% of the vote in a survey of 2000 UK adults.
The most groan-worthy puns included: "In France J-Lo is called 'I have water'" by Adam Hess and "What do you call three members of ABBA in a French slaughterhouse? ABBA trois" by Darren Walsh.
Masai Graham said: "It's an incredible honour to land Joke of the Fringe. Not bad for someone from West Brom."
Steve North, general manager of Dave, said: "The Fringe is renowned for being the best place to spot new and emerging comedy talent, and although there are some returning contenders in our top ten this year, there is a high volume of new talent which is very exciting to see."
A panel of ten judges, consisting of the UK's foremost comedy critics, sat through an average of 60 performances, more than 3,600 minutes of material and around 7200 jokes from venues at the festival Fringe over a week to nominate their favourite jokes.
The shortlisted gags were then put to 2000 Brits, with no reference to the comedians who told them.
Top 15 funniest Fringe jokes
1. "My dad has suggested that I register for a donor card. He's a man after my own heart."Masai Graham
2. "Why is it old people say 'there's no place like home', yet when you put them in one..."Stuart Mitchell
3. "I've been happily married for four years - out of a total of 10."Mark Watson
4. "Apparently 1 in 3 Britons are conceived in an IKEA bed which is mad because those places are really well lit."Mark Smith
5. "I went to a pub quiz in Liverpool, had a few drinks so wasn't much use. Just for a laugh I wrote The Beatles or Steven Gerrard for every answer... came second."Will Duggan
6. "Brexit is a terrible name, sounds like cereal you eat when you are constipated."Tiff Stevenson
7. "I often confuse Americans and Canadians. By using long words."Gary Delaney
8. "Why is Henry's wife covered in tooth marks? Because he's Tudor."Adele Cliff
9. "Don't you hate it when people assume you're rich because you sound posh and went to private school and have loads of money?"Annie McGrath
10. "Is it possible to mistake schizophrenia for telepathy, I hear you ask."Jordan Brookes
11. "Hilary Clinton has shown that any woman can be President, as long as your husband did it first."Michelle Wolf
12. "I spotted a Marmite van on the motorway. It was heading yeastbound."Roger Swift
13. "Back in the day, Instagram just meant a really efficient drug dealer."Arthur Smith
14. "I'll tell you what's unnatural in the eyes of God. Contact lenses."Zoe Lyons
15. "Elton John hates ordering Chinese food. Soya seems to be the hardest word."Phil Nicol