Man in hospital after blaze breaks out at his home
Householder treated for smoke inhalation after fire in the Highlands.
A man was injured when a blaze tore through his Highland home.
The fire broke out in the semi-detached property in Muir of Ord at around 11.50pm on Sunday.
Firefighters used a hose reel jet to battle the flames which had taken hold of the roof of the house in the village near Dingwall by the time they arrived at the scene.
A 36-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said crews had worked to prevent the "spread of fire to neighbouring properties" after they found the house well ablaze.
Electrical operators and the gas board were called out to isolate supplies during the incident.
Firefighters handed the scene over to police at 5.20am on Monday, more than five hours after the blaze was reported.
Police Scotland said there did not appear to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident.