Primary school evacuated as suspected gas leak probed
Firefighters and gas engineers were called to the scene just before 11am on Thursday.
No gas has been detected at a primary school that was evacuated due to a suspected leak, the fire service said.
Firefighters, gas engineers and police were called to the scene at Merkinch Primary School in Telford Road, Inverness, just before 11am on Thursday.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said 420 pupils and 90 staff were evacuated.
Pupils were taken to St Michael and All Angels' Church nearby to wait until parents could collect them, while some properties near the school were also evacuated as a precaution.
The fire service later said no gas was detected at the school, and it is expected to reopen on Friday.
Police said local residents have been allowed to return.