Revellers evacuated from building as bouncers tackle bar blaze
Around 220 people were forced to flee Siberia in Aberdeen when the fire broke out.
Hundreds of revellers were forced to flee a city centre bar while bouncers battled a blaze in the building.
Around 220 people were evacuated from Siberia in Aberdeen after the fire broke out shortly after 11pm on Saturday.
The Belmont Street bar's doormen used an extinguisher to tackle the fire, which started in an electrical cupboard.
Four people, including a bouncer, were later taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Stuart McPhee, Siberia general manager, said: “Massive praise for this goes to our brave doormen who themselves extinguished the fire and all our staff who assisted in a successful evacuation. A further thank you to all the emergency services that attended the scene as well.
“However, although it was only a small fire we have suffered some internal wiring damage that means we will be without electricity and unable to serve until these can be rectified.
“We are hoping to be up and running again by Tuesday morning but we will keep you posted as and when things progress.”
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service added: “The fire was out by the time we got there - it was a relatively minor incident. We left the scene at around 12.30am on Sunday.”
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates: Would you like STV’s latest news update in your inbox every morning? Choose from our range of regular e-newsletters here.