Codfather mobile fish and chip van explodes after blaze
The Codfather was parked near Lossiemouth High School when a fire broke out.
A fish and chip van caught fire and exploded near a school after its mobile generator caught fire.
The Codfather was parked a short distance from Lossiemouth High School in Moray when the blaze broke out on Tuesday night.
Pregnant server Melissa Carr and fryer Lori Allan were inside the van when the explosion blew the back doors off.
Ms Allan told STV News: "We were just doing our usual end of the night routine when the owner Colin went outside to turn off the generator and shut the back doors behind him.
"The generator caught fire and that's when the explosion happened. We're not sure what exploded.
"We were both checked over by the paramedics but we weren't injured."
"We'd just like to thank everybody in Lossiemouth for their support," she added. "The Codfather: Part II will be back."
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: "The van was in Lossiemouth, Moray, next to Lossiemouth High School, when there was a fire inside.
"We got a call at 7.25pm and sent two appliances."