Decision on Aberdeen's stadium delayed until next year
The Dons want to replace Pittodrie with a new 20,000-seat ground near Westhill.
The fate of Aberdeen's new stadium will not be decided until the new year.
The Dons want to replace Pittodrie with a 20,000-seat ground near Westhill and a decision had been expected last month.
The club withdrew the £50m proposal days before it was due to be considered by Aberdeen City Council.
A second public consultation on the stadium will be launched this week and a hearing is scheduled for January 17.
It is unclear what caused the club to withdraw its application but chairman Stewart Milne described it as having a "degree of legal and planning complexity that needs to be carefully considered".
Mr Milne previously said the proposal - which was revealed by STV News last year - was vital to the club's future.
Aberdeenshire Council has objected to the plan and pressure group No Kingsford Stadium has raised concerns about its impact on the local area.
The first public consultation on the plan found it had left Aberdonians divided.
Project manager Raymond Edgar said Aberdeen had hoped for a decision before Christmas.
"While the club recognises that the delay has been frustrating for all those who continue to back our plans, it's vital that we have the best chance of securing the right decision," he said.