Crucial North Sea pipeline back in action after repairs
The Forties Pipeline was shut down after a hairline crack was found last month.
A pipeline that carries 40% of all North Sea oil to land is back in action after weeks of repairs.
The Forties Pipeline was shut down after a hairline crack was found during a routine inspection in early December.
A safety cordon was erected around the damaged section of the pipe at Red Moss in Aberdeenshire while the work was carried out.
Ineos, which bought the pipeline from BP for £200m last year, said the work was completed on December 30.
An Ineos spokesman said: "All restrictions on the flow of oil and gas from platforms feeding into the pipeline system have been lifted and virtually all platforms are now online.
"The Ineos facility at Kinneil has restarted and all products are in specification."