Power cut in Glasgow after workman injured in electric shock incident
A man was taken to hospital after suffering an electric shock on a Glasgow work site.
A workman was taken to hospital after suffering an electric shock on a site in Glasgow.
The man was injured by a power cable as he worked on the site in Allen Glen Place around midday on Tuesday.
He was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary where a police spokeswoman said there was no update on his condition.
Following the incident parts of the city near to the site were affected by a power cut, including Glasgow Caledonian University, Cineworld and Buchanan Galleries.
Supplies went off shortly before 12pm and came back on 12.40pm.
A ScottishPower spokesman said: "Supplies were interrupted for a short period of time to around 300 customers, this was due to a third party working on a building site in the area damaging one of our cables. We apologise for any inconvenience this matter caused."
Police, Scottish Power, the Fire Service and the Scottish Ambulance Service were all in attendance and the Health and Safety Executive has been informed.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.