Family taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after blaze
A blockage in their chimney caused the fire and also led to carbon monoxide gas gathering inside the house.
Four members of the same family have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning after a chimney fire.
Crews were called to the home in Law View, Preston, Duns just before 6pm on Wednesday.
They found that a blockage in the chimney which had caused the blaze also caused toxic carbon monoxide fumes to gather in the house.
All four people living there were taken to Borders General Hospital, suffering from the possible effects of poisoning. They are believed to be a man, woman and their two children.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.