Pet owners urged to be vigilant after dog 'poisoned in park'
The animal was treated after eating bread allegedly laced with rat poison in Larbert.
Vets have issued a warning to pet owners after treating a dog for suspected poisoning.
Apex Vets said the animal was brought in earlier in the week after eating bread allegedly laced with rat poison and scattered around a tree in a public park in Larbert near Falkirk.
The surgery posted the warning on its Facebook page.
It reads: "Suspect poisoned bread has been eaten by one of our patients in the park between Bellsdyke Road and Gowkhill Place, Larbert. Please be aware if you walk in this park.
"The dog came to us today following ingestion of what is thought to be pink rodenticide, mixed through bread, and scattered around a tree in this park.
"The suspected poison has been removed. The Scottish SPCA are aware and the dog should recover well following the prompt actions of her owner."
Apex, based in Denny, Stirlingshire, said anyone who was concerned about the health of their pet should contact a vet.