Office workers fall ill after inhaling 'toxic fumes'
Emergency services were called to Nelson Street in Kilmarnock after the alert.
Several workers have taken unwell in an office block after inhaling suspected toxic fumes.
Emergency services were called to Nelson Street in Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire, following the alert at 11.35am on Friday.
It is understood at least four people have taken ill from the fumes.
The road was blocked off while fire and ambulance crews dealt with those affected.
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We received a call at 11.35am to attend an incident on Nelson Street in Kilmarnock.
"We initially dispatched a special operations response team and an ambulance but the ambulance was stood down.
"They were still on the scene assessing anyone who feels unwell."
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesman added: "The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service responded to reports of a suspected chemical incident in Nelson Street, Kilmarnock.
"Operations control was notified at 11.43am on Friday and mobilised two appliances and an environmental protection unit to the scene.
"After a thorough examination of the building and the surrounding area, no harmful substances were found.
"Crews left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe."