Gas pipes explode after major blaze in garden of house
The fire broke out at a property in Blantyre, South Lanarkshire, on Thursday.
Gas pipes exploded after a fire in the garden of a house.
The blaze happened at a property in Blantyre, South Lanarkshire, on Thursday shortly before 9.15pm.
Crews battled the flames which resulted in gas pipes exploding.
Windows in the kitchen of the house also smashed during the blaze.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "Operations control immediately mobilised three appliances to Strathmore Avenue in Blantyre.
"Firefighers wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using a powerful water jet."