Dog electrocuted after stepping on live wire in town centre
The Labrador was thrown back by an electric shock from the exposed cable on Saturday.
A dog was electrocuted after stepping on a live wire while walking in Ayrshire.
The black Labrador was thrown back by an electric shock from the exposed cable in Maybole High Street on Saturday.
Owner Yvonne Morrison, 57, is now looking for answers after South Ayrshire Council, Scotland TranServ and Scottish Power said they will not accept responsibility.
Ms Morrison said: "My fiancé was walking my three dogs when my dog Angel accidentally stepped on a cable which gave her an electric shock throwing her back.
"She couldn't get back up and was very shaken.
"I called the police as soon as I found out, who told me it was a serious incident."
She continued: "I called the council, Scottish Power, and road repair companies but no one will accept blame.
"Unmarked vans showed up eventually - and I believe it was Scottish Gas who fixed it for safety issues - but they say it wasn't their fault the wire was exposed in the first place.
"My dog could have been killed, or what if a child had stepped on it?
"It's extremely unsafe and I want to know who exactly is responsible for leaving this huge live wire sticking out of the ground on the high street."
'My dog could have been killed, or what if a child had stepped on it?'Owner Yvonne Morrison
Ms Morrison has now reached out to her local councillor in an attempt to find out why the cable was exposed and to prevent it happening in the future.
She said she is prepared to take it all the way to parliament.
A spokeswoman for South Ayrshire Council said: "Trunk roads are the responsibility of Transport Scotland and, within South Ayrshire, its operating company, Scotland TranServ".
A representative for Scottish Power Energy Networks said: "Engineers were called out to Maybole on Saturday and immediately made the cabling safe."
A Scotland TranServ spokesman said: "We immediately allowed Scottish Power access to the network to make the cable safe.
"Our electrician attended our nearby sign post thereafter as a duty of care and found it to be in a safe, working state."