Fire rips through fish and chip shop as residents evacuated
The blaze happened at Old Salty's on Byres Road, Glasgow, at 8.45am on Friday.
A fire has ripped through a fish and chip shop in Glasgow.
The blaze happened at Old Salty's on Byres Road at 8.45am on Friday.
The fire, affecting the ground floor and basement, was caused by a deep fat fryer.
Nearby residents have been evacuated, with smoke seen for miles.
A man has been taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Around 30 firefighters are still battling the flames.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "We now have 30 firefighters at the scene.
"The fire hasn't spread to any neighbouring properties."
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman added: "We received a call at 8.46am to attend an incident on Byres Road in Glasgow.
"We dispatched a paramedic response unit and an ambulance to the scene. One male patient was transported to Queen Elizabeth Hospital."