Couple die from 'carbon monoxide poisoning' in house
Body of Sheena Jackson was discovered near Stirling while husband Alex died in hospital.
A couple have died in a house from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
Emergency services were called to Main Street in Cambusbarron near Stirling.
The body of Sheena Jackson, 58, was discovered while her husband Alex was found seriously injured on Tuesday.
Mr Jackson was taken to hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
STV News understands carbon monoxide is one line of inquiry police are following.
A Police Scotland spokesman said: "Police in Forth Valley attended at a property in Main Street, Cambusbarron, at around midday on Tuesday following a report of concern for the occupants.
"A 58-year-old woman was found dead within, while a 65-year-old man was also found in a seriously ill condition.
"He was taken to the Forth Valley Royal Hospital where he subsequently passed away.
"Inquiries into these deaths, which are both being treated as unexplained at this time, are ongoing."
A friend paid tribute to the couple, saying they will be "missed by everyone".
She said: "It's with a heavy heart I write this post, as many people may know Ash and Sheena Jackson have passed away, my heart goes out to both families, they were both great supporters of harness racing all over UK and Ireland and will be missed by everyone.
"I've tried to answer as many messages and phone calls as I can. As soon as any arrangements have been made I'll let you all know."
Another added: "So sad to hear this heartbreaking news.
"Many fond and great racing memories.
"Our thoughts go out to all the family."