Kilmarnock attacker Lee Erwin set for move to Iran
Steve Clarke confirmed that the striker is in talks with Iranian club Tractor Sazi.
Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke has revealed that Lee Erwin is set for a move to Iran.
The 23-year-old is in talks with Tractor Sazi and Clarke expects the striker to make the switch.
The Iranian club, managed by John Toshack, have already recruited former Rangers attacker Harry Forrester and ex-Hibs striker Anthony Stokes this summer.
Ahead of the trip to Livingston in the Premiership on Saturday, Clarke said: "It's possible. He wants to go. He is in discussions with the club from Iran.
"It is a large wage increase for him and if everything goes the way we think it will go, he will leave us and go to Iran.
"He started the last game for us and I think three of the four League Cup games so he was in the plans for the season.
"It is football, the way it is. I am not going to stand in the way of someone who wants to leave the club because they have been offered a really good contract somewhere else.
"So we have to deal with that and look to find a replacement if I can but I think I have replacements in the building.
"Greg Kiltie, not on the pitch last week, can play that position, Mikael Ndjoli, Eamonn Brophy can play as a second striker so we have plenty of cover in the building."
Clarke takes his side to face Premiership newcomers Livingston who will be lining up in their first home game of the season.
And the Killie boss is expecting a tough test from Kenny Miller's side.
"I think it will be one of our most difficult games of the season," he said.
"Livingston's first game back in the Premiership, in front of their own crowd, on a new surface, they will want to start really well.
"They will gloss over their defeat at Celtic Park last week because they will expect most clubs to lose at Celtic Park this season, so they will be looking to get their season up and running this weekend."